Why does DEW have a slight smell of bleach?
One of the constituents of DEW is hypochlorous acid, which, when it reacts with oxygen in the air gives off a tiny amount of free active chlorine, which is what you can smell.
What is DEW?
DEW is an environmentally friendly, safe, human body compatible, disinfectant that is highly effective at killing bacteria, viruses and fungi.
What is DEW made of?
DEW is mainly water, in fact, in its concentrated form, it is 99.7% water, the other constituents are salt (Sodium Chloride) 0.25% and the active ingredient, hypochlorous Acid 0.05%.
What is hypochlorous acid?
Hypochlorous Acid is the substance our bodies produce to fight infection, so it’s germ killing properties are well known, understood and because it is something our own bodies produce, it represents a minimal risk to Humans.
How is DEW made?
DEW is made by ‘electrolysing’ a solution of de-ionised water and high purity salt (Sodium Chloride) i.e. passing an electric current through the solution.
Are there any toxic chemicals in DEW?
No, not in the concentration in which the product is supplied. DEW complies with the requirements of the European Biocide Regulation EU528/2012 Product Types 1-5, which means it is deemed not to be harmful to Humans, Animals or Plants and it has been tested to BS EN 901 as being fit for human consumption in drinking water.
How effective is DEW?
Tests in compliance with EU Regulations show that DEW is 99.995% effective at killing bacteria, viruses and fungi.
How does DEW work?
Put simply; when DEW (electrolysed water) comes into contact with a bacteria or virus, it causes an imbalance on the cell surface, breaking down its defences and rendering it harmless. For typical applications DEW will perform 30 times faster than the best household bleach, without endangering anyone.
Where can DEW be used?
DEW is the most versatile of all disinfectants. Since it is highly effective at killing bacteria, viruses and fungi, without damaging environment and it is entirely human compatible, it can be used almost everywhere where disinfection or sanitisation is required.
Does DEW leave behind any film or residue?
DEW leaves NO residue, in fact it destroys biofilm and hormonal residues, then simply evaporates.
Is DEW safe to drink?
The short answer is YES, provided it is being used as directed to disinfect water. In 2015 Electrolysed water was approved by the Secretary of State under regulation 31 of the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000 for use in public water supplies.
What should I do if I get DEW in my eyes?
DEW is not going to harm you, simply rinse well with tap water.
What happens if I inhale DEW?
Nothing; no harm will come to you, your animals or your children. Once DEW is in the air that you breathe, it kills the bacteria, viruses spores and pollen, so that it actually provides relief for those suffering with certain respiratory ailments.
How quickly does DEW work?
DEW Disinfect will achieve a 99.995% reduction in bacteria in less than 30 seconds.
What’s the best place to store DEW?
DEW is best kept in a cool dark place and in its original container.
How long can I keep DEW before it stops working?
Use within 12 months of purchase. If kept as recommended, DEW will remain active for at least 6 months after opening, maybe even longer. Keep away from sunlight, avoid storing in a hot place or leaving open-to-the-air which will cause DEW to degrade over a shorter period. Avoid repeatedly opening and closing the spray or refill bottles. Best practice is to use the sprays until empty then refill.
Can I use DEW like Dettol to treat an open wound?
Although DEW has not been registered as a ‘Medical Device’, independent tests show that, in addition to killing the bacteria likely to cause an infection, the reactive oxygen in DEW stimulates DNA synthesis and cell division, accelerating the repair of the wound.
Can I use any existing trigger spray bottles that I have and refill with DEW Concentrate so I am reducing my plastic use?
Although we as a company are focused on reducing the use of plastic through re-using our own trigger sprays etc. we cannot recommend using other companies’ containers, as we do not know what chemicals are in their products and how they would react or compromise the effectiveness of our products.
Where can I use Dew Superclean on my car?
Dew Superclean can be used for almost everything, paintwork, windscreens, alloy wheels, upholstery, carpet and trim; it can even be used to clean suspension, other mechanical parts & alloy wheels. The only surface where caution should be exercised is on exposed aluminium. This is very uncommon on cars but care should be taken where this type of protective coating has been compromised as a result of some kind of physical damage.
What does FAaC really mean?
FAC stands for Free Available Chlorine and in the case of DEW Disinfection products, like DEW Hand Sanitiser, the FAC comprises Hypochlorous Acid (about 240ppm) and Sodium Hypochlorite (about 20ppm). The reason why we express these two components as FAC is because it is a more accurate statement. The exact ratio between these two ingredients is dependent upon the pH, so while there may be small changes in the ratio, due to small variation in the pH, the overall FAC value stays the same.
The trigger spray is not working, how do I fix this?
To fix this, remove the trigger from the bottle and squeeze the trigger several times this usually does the trick! (If not, please contact us).
Do I need a different refill for HAND SANITISER, AIR, and DISINFECT products?
The HAND SANITISER, AIR and DISINFECT all use the same liquid, therefore they can all be refilled from either the 5L disinfect or 5L hand santiser refill.
How can ingredients of just water and salt kill germs and viruses?
Although the ingredients in our Disinfect based products (Air, Disinfect and Hand Sanitiser) are only water and salt, this is before they are processed through our Electrolysing machinery. The result is Electrolysed Water with the Disinfect products having Hypochlorous Acid (0.05%) as the active ingredient. Hypochlorous Acid is what our bodies produce naturally to fight infection and what kills the bacteria and viruses without causing harm to us, our pets or plants.